Sunday, August 26, 2012

NBA Halloween Patch

Being such a big fan of graphics, especially logos, I always look forward to seeing what type of patches the NBA Jerseys feature each year.  For example, on Christmas, the NBA Jerseys had a Snow Flake patch.  During the NBA Finals, they've had the Larry O'Brien Trophy patch as well as the new NBA Finals logo patch.  I like that kind of stuff.

Well, considering the NBA has nine Home Openers on Halloween night, I'm curious if they'll have anything Halloween related on the Jersey?  I absolutely love Halloween and always look forward to what the NBA has planned, but they've never done anything before.  So, of course, I had to design my own.


I don't know if there's anything that represents Halloween better than a carved pumpkin, so that's what I went with.  Instead of a Jack-O-Lantern face, I incorporated the NBA logo and the year.  I like that the design, particularly the edges, are a bit uneven.  Halloween is a playful holiday and should never be taken so serious.  The intended "sloppiness" to the outer edges is my way of symbolizing that child-like feeling Halloween evokes.

The Chicago Bulls open their season on Halloween Night

Because I love Halloween so much, I might play with a few other ideas as we get closer to the season.  I may also make custom Halloween Jerseys for the home teams playing that night.  On days like Halloween, Christmas, and St. Patty's Day, the NBA (and all sports) should always take advantage of the season and marketing possibilities.  

-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment