Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Brooklyn Nets

This is my first post on MyGraphiCKs and I'm going to start it by uploading images of my Brooklyn Nets graphics.  If you're a fan of basketball, you're well aware that the Nets have completely re-branded themselves with a new identity, logo's, and colors.  Being such a major fan of the organization for so many years, I've always combined my passion for graphics with my love for the Nets.  If I could work full time, designing logo's, merchandise, or web site graphics for the Nets, I would be completely satisfied.  For now, it's all for free, all for fun, all for MyGraphiCKs..

With that said, let's start posting some images..

This is pretty simple, but I like the way it looks.  I just took the two newly revealed Nets logo's and created a mash-up of sorts.  Not much to it, but I like it.

Just a quick background I made.  In the future, it will be easy to add a player into the mix.  Believe me, I won't wait to see who is, or isn't, on the team before I start adding them myself.  There are many possibilities for the Nets this Summer, especially as we approach the draft lottery, the draft itself, and free agency.  With so many possibilities, I'll be sure to let my imagination run wild.

Here's another background I made as soon as the logo's were revealed.  It's subtle, but it makes an impact, just as I expect the Nets to make next season.

Whenever I make anything, I usually create and save as many different variations as I can think of.  Sometimes, I think something looks awesome when it's brand new, and then change my mind a week later after I've looked at it for so long.  Taking that into account when I make them, I always try to create different versions of the original.  In this case, it was simply a matter of color and black/white.  Either way, you get the picture.

It doesn't get any easier than this.  I found a picture of Deron Williams on Google, played with the contrast a little bit and added "Brooklyn" to the top in what I expect it to look like on the yet-to-be-revealed Brooklyn Nets Jerseys.

When the logo's were first revealed, some Nets fans had complaints about the color scheme of black and white.  Some thought it was too plain, too boring.  I actually like the classic scheme myself, but I wanted to see what the primary logo would look like with just a little bit of color.  I added a red, blue, and gold edge to the three above and, personally, my favorite is the middle.  I think blue could have been a nice addition to the mix, but Jay-Z wanted "all black everything."

The Brooklyn Nets court has yet to be revealed, and probably won't be until opening night, but we do know that the secondary logo will be at center court.  With that in mind, I created the court above.  I actually don't expect to see the primary logo at each of the court as I designed, but I thought it looked better that way so, in my version, they're there.  Other than that, I do expect the court to look pretty close to what I made. 

Finally, these two were made to symbolize the future NBA Champion Nets (someday.)  As a fan of the Nets, you never lose hope.  We've been to the Finals twice, we've come close, but not close enough.  I believe, in Brooklyn, we will eventually reach our goal. 

That is it for now, but there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment